EnviroDome is an extremely versatile cost effective prefabricated building form.
Configured as single or multiple integrated units, this is a fast and efficient means to create functional and aesthetically interesting buildings; commercial, residential and utilitarian.
The system is particularly suited to sensitive environments and high demand short program projects for example; public/private housing, cellar/storage/fire bunkers, public toilets, shower blocks and recreational facilities.
The domes exploit the inherent strength of circular geometry. They are fully prefabricated units ready for transport to site either fitted out for the purpose or delivered bare. Connection to services is the only on-site works required.
The modules are constructed from high strength reinforced concrete with each weighing 14 tonnes and are placed directly onto the earth pad.
The carbon footprint per module is very sustainable:
- Each steel mould is capable of producing 250 shells
- Fly ash is included in the concrete to reduce the cement content
- Reinforcing mesh is manufactured from recycled steel
- Modules have a life expectancy of 50 – 100 years
- No maintenance of the shells over that period
- All labour, manufacture and fitout, in the factory
- Site works are limited to the preparation of a pad/pads